SUMMARY AND SUGGESTION

Since I joined this program, I worried about what I would teach the students using full English in the classroom I also worried with the report. Because of my dream, I could take myself to join this program. Actually, My mom encouraged me in that time and she said “you’ll never knew when you never try, the chance never comes twice. So, taking it if you have it, the door already opened, and now all decision depend on you, you’ll go in or not from the door”.
After I heard that, it motivated me and strengthen my heart to take the chance. Then, I just give the to myself that I could pass this program with confident because I knew that I would not actually do it by myself. There would be many people helping me during this program and I believed it that it was really happened. From the beginning, Mr. Telly as my coordinator in University of Mataram helped me a lot to prepared the program during a month practicum in University of San Carlos-Basic Education South Campus. I enjoyed the activities than my feeling about the things that I worried before. The coordinator helped me a lot about the facility also about our necessity during in the practicum place. My mentor was the best one. I learnt a lot from her about how to manage the students, the strategy to teach the students and about how to understand the character each student. Actually, I got more than I expected, lovely students, my mentor that was like my own mother and the coolest buddies. They were just like my new family. Besides, they gave me much love during the program. My heart was really hurt when I had to say goodbye with them. Because of them, I can stand and pass the program.
I would like to deliver my gratitude to:
1.      Mr. Telly as the coordinator in University of Mataram,
2.      Mr. Imam and Mr. Dadi that also involved to helped us prepared the program
3.      Dr. Rita as the Dean of University of San Carlos and as the coordinator
4.      Mam Esie as my best mentor ever
5.      Ivanna, Adit and Nia as my life friends during in the Philippines
6.      My coolest buddies Reggy, Leana, Jill, Farach, kayla, Jam, Apel, Jesper, Sam, Kirby and others buddies that I couldn’t mention one by one. Thank you for amazing moments.
7.      My beloved students (9-SJF, 9-BJHS, 9-FAB, 9-FAB, 9-SCB, and 9-SAJ)
8.      University of San Carlos.
I was very thankful to SEAMEO. Because of this program, one of my dreams that wanted to go abroad was achieved. Through Sea Teacher program, I really make it happened. I hope that this was not the last of my journey to go abroad. I hope this was my first fabulous step to go to the next steps. THANK YOU SEAMEO. 

The Purpose and Outcomes of the Practicum
Actually, my first purpose to join this program was to complete my field experience program courses. Then, through the program, I hope that I got the experience of teaching the students in abroad, new knowledge of the education system in another country, the teacher’s strategy how to teach the students (pedagogy skill), sharing each other about the culture, religions and the other things. And the important one is to improve my English skill.

The Procedures of Practicum
The schedule of the practicum was planned well. The plan was planned that the first week was observation week, second week was assistant week, third week was teaching week and the last week was evaluation week. However, in the third week and the last week were not followed the plan. I have to teaching in the third week and fourth week, this was because the time was not supported. In the third week, I just could teach for two days, so it’s not enough to teach the students for one topic till the assessment then my mentor added the teaching practice in the last week for three days. And about the evaluation week as a change every after my class done, my mentor always gave me the evaluation orally and written​. And I got 28 hours for my practicum including the assistant week.

The Outcomes of the Practicum
I really got what I purpose of this program, I got more than I expected. I think my English skill was improved than before than I have a lot of new thousand knowledge about the country especially the culture and the Philippines history. And the main things I got was about the pedagogy skill, from my practice experience I more be confident, more be responsible, and more be patient. It was because I directly faced the students so I could feel the true feeling of the teacher and I just came out and acted as the real teacher.

The Challenges of Practicum
The challenges was I had to teaching in English because essentially I’m not English students and also my grammar still low. But fortunately the students and my mentor could understand me very well. The second challenge for me was about the the time for teaching. Every subject was get one hours each. I thought that was too short and I’m still difficulty to manage the time because in some class I was late dismiss the class. And the last challenge was about the food. Since I’m a Muslim there were food we’re prohibited to eat and we have to eat foods that we call as Halal food, so it’s was quite hard to find Halal food in Cebu. But don’t worry I still could eat and survived J.

Overall Impression
I’m so grateful met with amazing people especially my beloved students that gave me the power and confidence to be their teacher. They impressed me all the time. I keep their spirit till I go back to Indonesia. Love you guys and I miss you so bad.
And my mentor, Mam Esie thank you for showed me how to be a proper teacher. I hope I could be a teacher as well as you do even better than you J J hehe.

Suggestion and Future Improvement
I just would like to tell the suggestion that the school has to make sure they understand about the program especially the teacher the will be the mentor for student teacher to make a better preparation for exchange student when they teaching practice.


Comments