Special Day : Day 25 & 26 "Farewell & Cultural Day with the Students"


September 6th – 7th, 2018

            Now just a matter of days we have to leave and back to Indonesia. My heart still trapped in this school and I just want more time enjoyed the moment with the students but it was out of my control. All that I could do now just enjoyed the remaining time here.
            Well my practice teaching was done, and now remaining two days for students studying at school. Although Mam Esie was asked me to took a rest but I still wanted join the class, I told Mam Esie that since this is the last class for studied at school because of the last day school that was Friday they would not had class, they had a Mass in the morning and they had cultural day in the afternoon, so I wanted join all the class. I want still saw them studied at class and helped them studied like when in discussion group. Then Mam Esie just laughed and I guess that she knew what I felt, so she let me join.
            So, on Thursday morning just like usual I join the class with my mentor and also with Miss Pitogo that other student teacher from USC. Looked the students expression that I guess they happy that they could still met with me. Michael from SJF told me that he thought that I already flying to Indonesia, then I told him that I would back on Sunday. Not only Michael, but the other students keep asked me, they were expressed the sad face and wishes the good things for me. They wishes for the  luck of my trip and my teaching career. Also they asked me for not to forgot them all. Of course I would not, it was made my heart pain. It was exactly what people said when they had part. We also got id contact each other, like facebook and instagram so then we could still text/contact each other although I already in Indonesia.
            Well, that day I was arranged a plan with Adit hunting pictures of all the classes. Actually we already undergo the plan since Tuesday, we did hunting pictures alternately of the classes because we only had time in break time and after the class done. They were very excited when we took pictures together, varied pose we did happily.
With 9-SJF Class
With 9-BJHS Class
With 9-FAB Class
With 9-BMHS Class
With 9-SCB Class
With 9-SAJ Class

            The next day, like I said before that the students did not had class. They had A mass in the Cultural Center building in the morning and they had continue with the cultural day in the afternoon. The students would performed many things in the stage, like singing, dancing (traditional and modern), and etc. The event was arranged by the SBA (School Body Association) and they did had it ance a year, the participants and the audiences were from grade 7 till grade 10 even there were also from Senior students took part in the event and the teachers also watched the student’s performance.
The day before Mam Esie was told me to join the event and became the audience. But maybe that I’ll would not took part in the morning activity because that was religious activity, so Mam Esie said that I could join the cultural day with the students. She asked me to go there with SJF class and became their supervisor there.
In the morning the students still had class for 1st period till 2nd period. Then at 10 am they would had a Mass. During that time I didn’t join the classes. I had to prepared my stuff and got packed my stuff before back to Indonesia. Adit came to my room and showed me the cake that he got from SCB and SAJ class, ooh how lucky him got farewell cake, he also got letter from SAJ. I’m so jealous with him. Adit brought cup cake for me and he said it’s for me from Justin SAJ. Ahhhhh that’s so sweet, I’m touched. Adit asked me why I’m not join the class, there were students looking for me. So that time I regret my decision for not join the class L. Well that was fine, the important things was I knew the fact that they still looking for me and I even did not imagine that I would got such things.
In the afternoon, before the cultural day I had to took my evaluation form from Mam Esie. That time I went to the faculty room to met with Mam Esie, on the way went there I met with Justin that gave cake. She asked me did I eccepted the cake? And I said thank you to her. But she still said sorry couldn’t buy the big one because she did not had time. But I said that’s was ok and I’m still happy, I really appreciated it more than they thought.
Cup Cake from Justin

When in the faculty room I waited Mam Esie gave me the evaluation form. Then she gave me and explain about what she had wrote in the evaluation form. Mam Esie told me that SJF class was looking for me in the morning, but I didn’t came. And she told me that SJF class want to talk with me after the cultural day.  That time I was gave a gift (it’s like wallet with , I brought from Lombok  for Mam Esie as my gratitude because she helped me much during my practicum period. She was look very happy and she say sorry because she couldn’t gave me anything, but actually I’m the one who should say that.
Thank You Mam, I love you!
Then Mam Esie asked me waited the students and went to the cultural center with 9-SJF Class. when the time came, they went out from the class they saw me and just said, “Mam bring me to Indonesia, made a line and we went to the cultural center together. We also when there with 9-BJHS, 9-BMHS and 9-FAB class. During on the way Wadel the students that rarely talk with me, I was surprised but happy. He asked me about when would I back to Indonesia. I said that I would back on Sunday. And he encouraged me to be keep spirit and he said good luck for meJ J. The other students also keep joking with me to brought them to Indonesia.
            When we arrived in the cultural center, we took a seat and ready enjoyed the performance. In SJF class, Gian, Dyles, and Kyla would perform in the stage. We waited for them. Every performance was made the atmosphere uproar, all the students going crazy especially the dance performance from the boys moreover they song was Korean song. The event was lasted for around 3 hours. And I enjoyed a lot, I couldn’t look away from the stage. All the performance were the creativity of the students, it made me impressed.
            Here are some videos and pictures that I could document:
The Cultural Center: Rudolf Rahman building from the outside


After the event ended, the students back to the class to took up their stuff and they allowed went home. But that time, Dyles as the Mayor 9-SJF called me and pulled me to came in to their class while she also recorded me with her phone. I was wondered what was she did and when I opened the door of SJF class, they were suddenly singing together while Jeb was played the guitar. Oh God, it was surprised me. They sang of Bruno Mars Song “Just The Way You Are”. I couldn’t believe what I had saw. It touched my heart so much and hurt my heart when I thought about that was the last day that I saw them. That moment was made my tears fell down. When they knew that I was cried, they hug me and encouraged me. Mam Esie also became the witness of that moment even from the other class. They said together “I LOVE YOU MISS PUTRI”, it made me even harder to leave them. Once again I said thank you and we had group hug. Ah I would not never forgot that moment forever. I LOVE YOU TOO GUYS.


Before I really part with them, some students talk to me, they said that they would waiting for me to come back or some of them just said I would found you In Indonesia Miss. And I said that I’ll come back soon. Then, I said goodbyes to the students.
Once more time I just want say goodbyes properly with Mam Esie, and she told me to keep contact her although I’m in Indonesia by email. Then I said goodbyes to Miss Pitogo by took a picture together. And we hope someday we’ll met again also I wish for the luck of her practicum.
Bye My students and Bye Mam.

Me and Miss Pitogo

Waiittt…. This is not the last day in USC, but yeah still the last day with the studentsL. Tomorrow would be farewell with the buddies also tomorrow would be the closing program ceremony together with the multicultural encounter event.
Wait the next post. Bye readers (aahhh still bring the feeling L)

Comments