Special Day: Day 19 "Buwan Ng Wika"


August 31th, 2018

Buwan Ng Wika day! Feeling Excited hah? I really-really excited waited this day after pass through two days teaching the students. So this was the time enjoy more moment with the students in the special day.
You must wonder, when read Buwan Ng Wika. So, what is Buwan Ng Wika? I thought I already told you in the previous post. Yupppzzzz, Buwan Ng Wika means National Language Month, as we know the national language in Philippines is Filipino.
This day the students was celebration the Buwan Ng Wika, Buwan Ng Wika just held in Auguts. In this day, the students would performed their talent, about anything. It could be singing, dancing, played the music instrument, modelling performance (fashion show), drama, and etc. And students performance would be graded by their advisory and the advisory appreciated it by gave them a reward.
The more made this day interesting was all the students would wore Philippines dress. And I also prepared myself wore Traditional dress form Indonesia, that was Batik. Also the one that we could not forgot was the culinary of Philippines. Every classes would prepared the culinary of Philippines and also for the students and they could enjoyed it after they had their performance.
When the Buwan Ng Wika, you would see full of decoration every classes. In the previous day, the students decorated their class as good and as creative they could. Every class had different style and unique for decorated their class, it was beautiful. As you knew, I also took part in 9-SJF class when they decorated their class J, I have so much fun with them and getting closer with them. They told me about Buwan Ng Wika and they also asked me about the same event in Indonesia because they were curious, so we sharing each other.
So this day, I’ve enjoyed moment a lot with all the 9 grade classes. First I was in 9-SJF Class because of my mentor was the advisory of 9-SJF class. I helped them prepared the foods in front of their class that they brought. Yupz, all the classes prepared the foods in front of their class, so it would prevent their class dirty or something like that from the foods. When all the preparation done, so they began their performance that opened by the MC. The first was the boys, they sang of Filipino song with the guitar that of course I didn’t understood but I really enjoyed it. I’m so impressed with their talent, although they were still grade 9 buts most of them especially the boys know how to play the instrument. May be that was because they had MAPEH (Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health) subject. Then other boys was showed like a parody. I was really happy that time because of their smile.
Students MC
The boys performance: Lance, Gian, Jeb, Ogan 
The others boy performance: Parody

 After some performance, Mam Esie let me and the student enjoyed the foods. She took for me some foods and told me that I had tasted it because those were the traditional foods of Philippines. Also the students were offering many kind of foods but there were I couldn’t it like pork because of I’m a Muslim, we’re prohibited to ate pork. They were respect me and so did I, I could still enjoyed the other foods. J
The Table was full of Philippines foods


Before evaluated the students, Mam Esie was left to the faculty room because she had something to do and gave the students break time so they just played around or doing something fun.  When that time, Adit one of my friend that also student teacher from Lampung invited me to the other 9 grade classes. Accidentally, we were placed in the same grade 9 excepted SJF for him and SAJ for me. So, we were knew the same students. I was interested to join him to other classes, so I join him. I told SJF class that I’ll be back and asked them to told Mam Esie that I look around of other classes. Then Me, Adit and Adit’s partner student teacher Vincente went to other class. First Class that Adit asked me to join with him was SAJ-class. Actually I did not knew them, because they were out of the Mam Esie’s responsibility but they still welcoming me with friend even they were invited me to came in to their class and let me sat to enjoy their performance. There was also the SAJ advisory that let us enjoy the performance. In this class you’ll found hilarious students, most of them very attractive and confident. They also had singing performance and modeling performance. Nice to see them walked like a model on the catwalk with beautiful dress. We’re also be the witness of the modeling winner in SAJ classJ. Amazing right?  We’re not long in SAJ because of we’re still had other classes to be visited.



The winner of Fashion show in SAJ

Next class was SCB, because the SCB was next to SAJ J. Of course I and Adit know them so well. They were the only one superior class among the other classes. The students there were ranked 1st till 40th from all the 9 grade students. When we there, they offered us to enjoy the foods, they gave us roasted chicken also fried noodle Philippines taste and the highlight food I loved the most was ice. The taste was amazing, it was melted in my mouth. Miss Roma was the advisory of SCB and also Adit’s Mentor. She also enjoy the food with us and we talked about the event. After we finished ate, suddenly one FAB students asked us to visited his class. then we went there, but before we entered the class we saw one of the student that was Daxen was practice playing piano. So I asked him to played one song and he was played Beethoven Fur Elise. Oh My God when I heard it I got goosebumped. Here was the video:


After heard a short song from Daxen, we entered FAB class. There was the advisory of FAB, she welcoming us and asked us to got seat and enjoy the class performance. When we entered there were some boys had danced of Korean Pop song. Oh yeah, By the way KPOP song was very popular among the students here, the most of them like to dancing even the boys. Their movement were very energetic and wily. When I saw them I just could said “WOW’ and “WOW” J. I saw a lot performance in FAB class, and The advisory was with pleasure explain to me about the student’s performance.

The other performance was from the girls, they were dance of Philippine folk dance. The advisory told me that it’s called Kuradang dance. I saw the danced and very enjoyed it. The movement look very simple but I thought that it might still hard for me, hahaha J. During the performance the students got the brownies cake for us. Oh the tasted still same like common brownies, hehehe J. Then we continue another performance, other boys would sing and following by the guitar. The most performance I waiting for. The first plucking of the guitar that played by Ken was made me agape and the class was in silent then in a few moment the girls were screaming and so did I. Their performance were very awesome. I really love the song, the melody made me melted. The one was made me shocked in this class was one of the boy made a confession for a girl. That was Ferjan to Dorothy, he gave a bouquet flower to Dorothy, it made the class became commotion. All the students were screaming even me and it shocked the advisory. That was crazy man, he confidently did it in front of us even there was also the teacher. And after that we just laughed of what he was done. The last performance was solo stage for Daxen. He played his piano for the viral song in Philippines that time. When he played the piano, the other students automatically sing of the song. I just could enjoy with them.

                                    

Picture with the advisory and students of 9-FAB class
Well, actually I was careless of time. My mentor was looking for me and I had to go back to 9-SJF class. she asked me to helped her to judged the student’s performance. Yupz, actually they haven’t finished their performance, they still had fashion show. So some of the students would be walk on the board as a catwalk in couple, and we judged their dress. Same like in SAJ before, they were walk like a model showed their beautiful dress. After they perform, my mentor asked my opinion about the performance, which one was the best. My mentor also asked the other students that not followed the performance. After got the same opinion the Mam Esie let me to announced the winner. The class was excited, and yeahhhhh the winner ware Dyles and Ogan Couple. The reason was because their dress was elegantly and different with the others. Dyles wore long pink dress while ogan wore black Filipino clothes. After that to ended the event the students danced together. Then of course after that, the students cleaned the class and made all in the beginning condition also I helped them. We arranged the chair, swept the floor, took off the decoration, and etc. for remind me with this moment, we took pictures together.
The contestant of fashion show (sorry for the bad picture)

The last pictures ended this day with 9-SJF Class

Wow, all I had today in every classes was very-very amazing, it gave me another memorable moment and new experience with the students. I couldn’t say how happy I am that time, I couldn’t stop smile. When I had go back to my room, I met Adit and Vincente again. We talked again each other about that day, sharing our feeling of the students. It being one of highlight memory in my mind.
Adit, Me and Vincente

Thank you to all of my students, Love you Guys!!

Comments