Going Home: "Good Bye USC, Good Bye Philippines"


September, 9th 2018
Oh I'm coming Indonesia! I am going back home L😊.
I couldn't believe that I had to leave. My mind trapped here but I could not denied that I miss my home, my family and my friends especially the foods in Indonesia. I had a plan after coming from Philippines I would like to eat everything that I miss of, oh so greedy I am. πŸ˜‚
Well, today I and Nia prepared ourselves early in the morning because our flight at 7 am, so we had to the airport at 4 am. Mam Rita and her husband would took us there also Ivanna, Adit and Reggy would accompany us to the airport. We had to say good bye again to Mam Rita and Reggy also with Ivanna and Adit. Ivanna and Adit would back to Lampung while us to Lombok but their flight at around 4 pm so they accompany us first.
Well on the way of the airport Mam Rita bought burger for us as our breakfast. How kind she was. We enjoyed the burger in the car during the trip till we arrived at Mactan-Cebu International Airport.
So now it's time to really said good bye. Mam Rita told us to be careful and stay safe together. Reggy also wish for the same thing, we suggested Reggy consider to join the Sea Teacher Program next Batch in January. And we hope that he'll come to Indonesia and met with us again. Mam Rita also recommended him as the student teacher in Sea Teacher Program. And he just said "ok wait for me in Indonesia guys", of course we did Reg.
Then we said good bye also with Ivanna and Adit. I must miss the moment with Ivanna in our room and I must miss Adit as a friend who always sharing and listen of the story about the students, it’s maybe because we taught the same section. And we're not sure we could met each other in Indonesia because of our region quite far, we're lived in different Island.For the last, we took selfie together and we waved our hands each other as a sign of farewell. 
Last Selfie in Mactan-Cebu International Airport

          We entered the airport while they went back to the campus. So we had to check in first in the counter. After managed our baggage the officer asked us to pass through the terminal fee and got the immigration check.
Well when got there, we were shocked. We had to pay the terminal fee 850 peso for each. The officer said that was excluded the ticket and that was for the international flight. We didn't even prepared our money, I mean money in Peso. There were no more left our Peso money. We did had money but in Rupiah currency. They actually provided other currency but the problem was there was not provided for Rupiah. I and Nia were very worried about our flight, we afraid that we would be left out by the plane.
So the only way was asked a help from Mam Rita. We texted Mam Rita about the problem. And she understood what exactly happened. Mam Rita would lend us the money and we were very thankful about that. So they turn around and go back to the airport to gave us the money. We waited for them in the outside of the airport.
After a few minutes, we saw the car of Mam Rita. Suddenly Reggy, Adit and Ivanna look got down from the car with little ran and we did also ran approached them. Then they gave us the money and asked us to hurry up went into the airport. We said thank you for that and once again we waved our hands as the final goodbyes. So we ran and directly went to the terminal fee. Fortunately it was fine, the time still sufficed. So we could relaxed that time. Then we just pass other procedures in the airport.
We texted Mam Rita that we had already fine and of course we said thank you for the things. And Mam Rita said that it must be added our memorable experience in Philippines. And we absolutely agree with that.
The flight from Cebu not Exactly directly flew to Indonesia, but we had transit in Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (Klia 2). The flight was spent time about 4 hours. And then we continued our flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 to Lombok International Airport at around 4.45 pm.  And it's spent time about 3 hours. We arrived at around 8 pm in Lombok International Airport.
Nia and Me

In Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2

We had to take grab to get our home from the airport. We took destination to Nia’s house. We exactly arrived at Nia’s house at around 9 pm. But I’m still had another trip, I asked my friends to picked me up to Nia’s House and got to my boarding house. I actually lived by myself in Lombok separated with my parents because my parents were in Sumbawa Island. Yup I’m not exactly from Lombok but I entered Mataram University in Lombok that’s why I part with my parents.
 How long journey, wasn’t it? It’s tiring but pretty fun. Because when would exactly I enjoyed the trip to another country again? This was really good chance for the student like us to learn as much as we could moreover we’re facilitated by our university also by the receiving university. So we have to take advantage of it because we didn’t know there will other chance or not, so take your chance. I hope that this program will still continuous and give chance for more students in South East Asia especially for Indonesia. And this is could be the first fabulous step for every student dreams. So do for me. Aamiin.
So, hope we can meet in other chance guys. This was the end of my journey in Philippines. Hope I could share another journey.
Good Bye Students, Good Bye Teachers, Good Bye Buddies, Good Bye School, Good Bye USC, Good Bye Cebu and Good Bye Philippines. L J


Comments