Assistant Week: Day 10, 11 and 12 "Welcoming My Assitant Week vs Lesson Plan"


August 22th-24th, 2018

Welcome my assistant week J J I was not patient to start my new week in University of San Carlos.This week the student would be just 3 days and start on Wednesday because of long weekend.
On Wednesday as my first assistant week all the classes still discussing the same topic that is zero and negative exponent. Mam Esie gave them individual exercise also group discussion that day. When they did their exercise, Mam Esie let me looked around of the students and help the student when they had difficulties on answering the question. Some students raise their and asked me about what made them confused. It was nice when I had communication and interaction with the students. After that they checked it together with the teacher also Mam Esie gave clarification of the wrong answer.
When they did group discussion, they discussing each other, shared their idea. After they discussing in their own group then they would be answer it on the board. Before Mam Esie close the classes, Mam Esie gave them an assignment.
On this day, Mam Esie reminded me about the lesson plan. She asked me to made lesson plan of the topic I would made and she would be checked it on Friday. She explain to me how to made the lesson plan and I could followed the format of lesson plan that she had gave me before.
9-BMHS Class, Contest to answer the question about zero and negatif exponent

On Thursday, there was Ceremony of Opening Mass to the Holy Spirit ng Bayan. This was actually routine ritual for the students every new academic lesson. There were some activity they did. Like praying, sermon, also activity that I couldn’t explained. We’ll see from the following pictures. The ceremony was held in the field of the school at 7.15 am till 9.30 am.

Because of the ceremony, the first period of study was 9.40 am. Most all the classes discussing about the assignment and still exercising also partner work for deepen the materials before they had comprehension checked (assessment) in the next day except 9-BJHS class that had quiz/assessment for the topic. That day Mam Esie asked me to helped her to checked the quiz of 9-BJHS class and of course with pleasure I accepted it. So I checked during the period in the class also when we had a break time. Most of them still got low score but there were still got the high score. When All the classes done, I asked Mam Esie to checked general illustration of my lesson plan. She kindly accepted it, and she lead me and gave me an advice also gave me lightness for the topic I’ve to teach. I was Thankful to her. Then she inspired me to did my lesson plan. So during the night I was done my lesson plan so on Friday Mam Esie could checked it to see how ready I am to teach the students.
9-SJF Class: one of the student explain the answer of the quetions in from of the class

9-BJHS quiz section
One of 9-BJHS student's answer sheet

On Friday, the last day for the school this week. For the 9-SJF, 9-BMHS, and 9-SCB had quiz for today meanwhile 9-FAB class still discussing the same topic because of there were most of student still did not understood with the material then 9-BJHS move to the next topic that is Rational Exponent.
I had so much fun in 9-FAB class, because I had lot interaction with them, they asked me sometime about the lesson. They so active to asking to anyone when they feeling confused to solve the question. 

9-FAB Discussion Section

Today there was interesting day in 9-SCB class, you know that Mam Esie was so discipline person. And she already told the house rule of her class. That day 9-SCB class had quiz and Mam Esie reminded the house rule that they not allowed to talking each other during the quiz because it would be assumed as cheating. During the quiz there were some students talking each other and Mam Esie already warned the student. But they still talking, so it made Mam Esie angry. And stopped the quiz but actually all the students already done with their quiz. Then Mam Esie gave an advice to the students that what they had done was not a good thing. And asked the student to shared their story, what actually burden their mind. Then that day, half time of the Math period was spend by sharing section. When I saw some student raise their hand and sharing their story I was impressed how brave they were and confident student, even there was student tearing apart. Wow I thought that was the great part become a teacher, the teacher is not just teaching about the book say but like a parents at school. At the end Mam Esie gave them the motivation and reminded them not do the same thing.
Sharing Section 9-FAB class

After all the classes done, I had consultation with Mam Esie about my lesson plan. I showed my lesson plan that I had made, then she checked and I also explain about my lesson plan to her. After she checked it, with smile she said that she could see the flow of my lesson plan and she accepted my lesson plan. I was happy to hear it, I wish that I could teach the students as well as Mam Esie did. And Mam Esie said that I could do it. She also told me about the management of the class, how to control the class also she let me made my own house rule.
Here is my lesson plan about Properties of radicals:







Comments

  1. A budget item that’s unique to college students is semester-related costs such as tuition, textbooks and lab fees. These costs can mean you’ll have major bills to pay at the start of the semester.

    Cheapest primus place student accommodation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment